I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

December 2017

December started off with an awesome couples party that a few friends threw. This was all 2nd year MBA students and spouses. We played White Elephant with some dice and it involved arm wrestling for a gift. When it was my turn, people had a dance off to be able to steal my gift from me. It was fun.


 Someone brought a can of beer as a "naughty" gift. Derrick opened it and no one stole it from him. So we need to make beer bread or beer-can chicken or something! Ha.
 I was in charge of the MBASA Christmas Party! I have an awesome committee who does all the leg work. 
 Santa was sooo awesome. Ted loved him!
 Here's the Candy Cane Forest.
 We went to the Bean Museum to see a preschool presentation. We played a matching game and saw a few live animals. The kids both did great!

 The kids ran an errand with me and had fun playing around there. I love when we can just take life slow. I want to buy all the princess dresses for Claire!

I guess big news is I had foot surgery. My 2nd toe on both feet has always been too long, so i have a callous on the bottom of my foot. I was a hypochondriac in college and my roommate had a surgery and so I went to see a podiatrist. He said I had a bunion as well and so did my left foot a few years ago. I am finally getting around to my right foot. So bunion (bone sticks out on the side a bit) and cut a metatarsal is what I had done.
 BEFORE
 Playing pandemic in a hospital seems so fitting.
 AFTER



 Grandma Shurtliff sent Ted a lego nativity. He turned it into an airplane pretty fast. I think he isn't ready for lego sets. But it was still a fun activity and taught him better what the nativity is.

Me seeing Star Wars! Der joined after the kids were asleep. 
 Cute kids by the tree. Claire let me put her hair in a pony tail!!!

 She LOVES suckers
Ted loves turning his tongue colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment