I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Our Lonely 12 days in January

So Derrick went on a Europe trip with other MBA students. So we were left home alone for 12 days. Dad called to check in every night before he went to sleep.
 Day 1. I was able to focus on my children and do light cleaning throughout the day while we took it easy. I had to get a babysitter that night to put the kids to bed so I could attend a very important meeting. I picked up projects like dusting that I never get to. I rearranged the living room also. I was happy to take joy in the youth and energy of my children.

 Ted loved to take pictures of his creations to send to Dad.

 Day 2. "Mom, take a picture of us!" Ted was pretty sweet to Claire a lot of the time and held her hand lots. They can be such good friends. 
 We had lots of suckers.

 We went to a class and craft at the Museum of Art at BYU. It was very well done. These are their creations. They walked around the museum with their group and did the activities like sorting and looking through lenses and dancing to a song like an alligator. 
My visiting teacher came over to put my kids to bed this night so I could attend MBASA Board Meeting. It was so nice of her!
 Day 3. My kids are still cute. We had fun going on a walk. We played at the church with some ward friends.

 We went to the Orem mall to play at the play place and get dinner. It was a fun idea. We walked a little bit and went into this shoe store. Claire LOVES shoes. I turned around and she had taken her shoes off and found new ones to wear. It was adorable! She is so independent!

 Ted wanted shoes too, but there wasn't any boy shoes in the store. :/

 Eating Chick-Fil-A thanks to Christmas White Elephant!
 Then Day 4 Grandma came! She was such great company and help. I still wasn't getting around too well. This week I made a lot of progress though. She loved to read to the kids and give Claire a bath. I got to go to a temple session--something I NEVER have time for! 

 Day 5 we went to Uncle Spencer's after church. Grandma wanted to see her other grandchildren and Ted and Claire love to play there! Claire is showing off her babies.
 Ted put this track together.
 Having a dance party.
 Day 6 we went to the mall to get a popcorn refill and to play with the toys there. Ted has his arm around Claire in this picture.
 Day 7 we went to a friend's house for dinner. They loved playing toys and dress ups. We also watched the prophet that morning and went to the library.
 Day 8 I taught preschool and then we took it easy in the evening. 

Day 9 we went to the jumpy jump place. The kids played TOGETHER like the whole time. It was nice that they had so much fun and I could get some phone stuff taken care of.
 Ted built this obstacle course.
 The kids love taking pictures for Daddy.


 We went to a playdate at the neighbor's house but it didn't go super well. Ted didn't get along well with their kid.
 Day 10 we went to a neighbor's house to play while I got help with some sawing.


 We also played at the church again with friends.
 Day 11 it snowed! The kids loved playing in it!

 They also helped me plow.

 A neighbor helped also!

 Day 12 Claire let me put her hair in a ponytail! We actually had a nice day; I was worried about having no plans. But we walked to church in the snow and were ready in plenty of time. We listened to primary songs all morning and played Chutes and Ladders and Candyland in the morning. We had a rest and then made rolls, and candy-cane cookies (yes the ones where you twist the dough--Ted asked for candy canes and so we did it), and kabobs. It was such a fun night! The kids were so helpful! I even got some dishes done in there. We didn't eat until 6:30pm which is super odd for us. We're still figuring out this Sunday thing with church at 11. The afternoon goes so quickly.

And see? I survived the week and actually look good still!
By Wednesday, I stopped wearing my surgical shoe thing around the house, so my foot is getting better and better. I think it just needs more exercise and stretching to remember how to do everything. Pretty sure my skin so sooo dry and flaky after having no wash or lotion on it for 6 weeks! Ugh.

Besides dusting my very dusty house, I was able to clean up our bedroom which had gotten to be pretty messy, made a drawer from scratch, painted a wall two coats, touched up the kitchen and a hallway with paint (with the wrong paint so I'll actually have to do all that again--I thought the different sheen would still blend in), and did some updates to the kids' beds. I think that's it. I enjoyed working hard and am excited for to continue the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment