I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Card 2016

Merry Christmas!

Somehow we are able to put on a happy face after a tough year! We had lots of downs and hard times, but grew closer together through it all. 

Derrick quit his job teaching middle school history to start an MBA at BYU. He is studying OB/HR (which is an extension of one of his majors in his undergrad of Sociology). He joined a cross-fit gym and will start as an instructor at the gym in the New Year. His schooling is full-time so we will still be crazy busy and hardly see each other! He is blossoming as the class clown and learning things he loves!



 Claire was born on March 11th this year. Pregnancy was easy and great. Claire brought all the challenges you expect with a newborn and two kids. She is 9 months old now, babbling, crawling, standing, and getting ready to walk. She is so smiley but has stranger danger.



Sometimes Ted coos and giggles at Claire and sometimes he screams so she won't touch his toys. We still have hope that they will be good friends.
Ted loves to laugh and play! He is 2.5 and knows his ABC's and how to count to 12. We love hearing him talk and the new things he learns. He loves trains, construction trucks, fire trucks, digging in dirt, and trains. Before bed, he always asks for "Let it Go" to be sung to him. He finally goes to nursery all by himself after 10 months of us having to accompany him!

I continue to tutor Math at Mathnasium in town and now also online. I love the brain work-out and getting a break from the house! Motherhood is definitely a challenge for me so I appreciate the little breaks to re-charge. I currently am thriving and obsessing in the Relief Society Presidency. This year I knit a sweater and a dress for Claire and am so grateful to my mother and grandmother who taught me how to knit and believed that I could do it. I learned A LOT.


May God bless you and yours. 

Good Luck to you in the New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Derrick, Ariane, and Zane should teach Cross Fit over Christmas break to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you. Thanks for the update. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't be more proud of your family. I love you all very much and miss you so much. I hope you have fun in Texas over Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete