I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Shurtliff

Grandma Jean and Grandpa Dave are going on a mission! They entered the MTC June 6th and flew out to Denmark on June 16th. So between June 2nd and June 15th, they visited and stayed with our family a bit! (Rules for elderly missionaries are a bit different. They are more just a couple helping out a YSA ward. Just in Denmark.)

We threw a BBQ to celebrate our littles, but they had siblings come in to see them and say a hello/goodbye.
Then we blessed our 2.5 month old. It was a treat to have my Dad be able to be in town. We live so far away...
My Dad just doted on my kids. He loves to hold the baby and is always willing to. He also loves to scoop up Ted for a shoulder ride. And you know what else? He took Roger out for a walk/run every morning. He's a really great Dad. And he chipped out weeds somewhere in my yard everyday too. I guess because it's Father's Day, I am extra appreciative. And the fact that I won't see him again for two years. Okay....now it's hitting me. I really love my Dad.
We went to see the Little Mermaid at the Scera Outdoor Theater in Orem. Yes we are in Utah County, so all the words that might have been considered swear words were changed. So it definitely was mission appropriate. :) I'm so glad that they went with me.
This is us as I drop them off at the MTC gates after their first week. They wouldn't let me drive them in. Weird?!

Then on their last night in Provo, we met them at the Creamery for some ice cream. Teddy loved on them and sat by them and was just really sweet. They were so happy that he recognizes them and hugs them and talks to them. This is a big change from him being really shy and screaming if anyone tries to touch him.


Thanks for visiting! We will miss you, but we are so proud of you and excited for your opportunities. Have fun and good luck!

3 comments:

  1. I miss the Creamery. Do they still have the raspberry cheesecake ice cream? My favorite. PB cup was super delicious too.

    ReplyDelete