I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

An Arizona Christmas

 Luckily the drive down to Arizona was uneventful. No being stopped by construction, no tickets, no throwing up, no car trouble. It's been awhile since we've been so lucky. We arrived late on the 23rd. 

  Teddy I think has learned that he likes naps. He took a nap everyday for several hours and slept through the night pretty well. Early in the morning we cuddled him because it got so cold. I packed too heavy for Houston weather, but too light for Arizona weather. The mountains give a chill. I forget about that. He laughed at and played with his cousins a bit. They were really nice to include him. 
  Teddy even let Uncle Mike play with him and hold him and tickle him!!!  A testament that if you try hard enough, Ted will like you. Grandma liked to try to sneak in a kiss on the head to Ted. Everyone learned how much Ted loves trains.



  The 24th was filled with a ham dinner and a program where everyone got to share a talent. Some of the kids are joksters so that was fun. Grandma Lu and I played Sleigh Ride.
(This is a picture of us practicing earlier.)


 People also shared what they wanted to give and receive for Christmas.




Derrick played a few carols with his sister, Marilee, who taught him cello.


Grandma Calder led everyone in a recitation of The Night Before Christmas. I never knew that Derrick had it memorized!




Christmas morning was one mom score after another. We helped Ted open a present and he immediately went to play with it. :)



 This is a wife score--a remote control car for them to play with together.

A new train set with a tunnel:


 Ted is a little unsure about the remote control car.

Our little santa:



Although it was a few minutes' drive, this Mesa park did not disappoint. It was huge! Kids from 1 to 12 would be entertained.




 Or should I say 1 to 30....



We went on a hike with Uncle Mike and family.



Ted was pooped afterward.

Saturday night was girls vs boys night. The girls got food at a Mexican grocery/restaurant and then chatted while doing pedicures. Roger got to hang out too.




The boys ate lasagna and went to Bass Pro. They had all the kids. :) 


 Sunday was mostly uneventful, as was Monday. We hung out just the four of us (Roger is #4) for the most part. Derrick played a trio with Marilee and Grandma Lu in Sacrament Meeting of Gesu Bambino. It was very nice. There was a Sunday dinner. Teddy helped too; he made the salad:



The Glen Canyon dam in Page, AZ was one of the stops on the way home. Ted took two naps and did alright, but I was so grateful I got to drive home from the last junction to the I-15. Both boys fell asleep, so I listened to Nicholas Sparks (finishing my book right when I pulled into home--how perfect was that?!) and doing math calculations and estimations on how long it would take to get home. I know...I'm such a nerd.



  Overall, it was a great trip and we were so happy that we could go. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so awesome that Derrick plays the cello. Glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice beard, Derrick. Really looking good!
    Sounds like a great Christmas memory how awesome to have all that talent. Love the cellos!!!
    Teddy is as cute as ever. So I guess we need to try harder. . . Mom

    ReplyDelete