I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Turkey Day 2015

Derrick and I didn't travel anywhere this year for Thanksgiving; we are going to Arizona for Christmas and I am going to Texas with Ted in a week. Plus, we didn't want to make plans not knowing what condition Ted would be in. He is doing great, as you will see. Derrick made my week by getting projects done for me: 

1. We moved Ted into the front bedroom and Der cleaned up and out his clothes and junk. Teddy goes right in and lays on his bed at bedtime by himself and last night (he being so wiggly), I left him to fall asleep on his own and he did just fine!

Thanks to cousin Sarah for gifting Teddy tons of winter clothes (and a Thomas train to get him through the ordeal of us going through all the clothes!). And thanks to Amazon for being confusing so that I didn't buy what I thought I did, but the 6 pack of 18L containers actually being awesome and perfect for packing away Teddy's other clothes!

2. The other project was clearing the porch so my rabbits could move in for the winter. It has never looked so great!

So on to Turkey day. I made Al-Bran rolls to take up to Derrick's brother's on Thursday and Teddy loved playing with lots of kids and their toys. Derrick made a berry pie, but wasn't pleased with it enough to share...or maybe it was too good to share... I didn't actually take any pictures that day except a family pic:
(and yes, I did ask Derrick to wear fall colors. Look how good he did! I'm 25 weeks pregnant and doing great.)


So I did a Turkey on Friday. It makes me feel grown up. I will try another method next year as I didn't get good skin this time. I love the crispy skin the most!!!  A 10 pounder:

 Der carved it. Bless him.
 Then we boiled down the bones with a little onion and celery leaves to make stock. I used some in a soup already and some to make more gravy last night. I LOVE turkey gravy.
 Here's my plate. Der does the potatoes. There is stuffing next to the beans. Just the essentials, really with cranberry juice to drink. When you do it all yourself, you have to spread it out.

I made my pie Thursday night: (lemon meringue)

Teddy enjoying walking in the backyard leaves. That we didn't get to this week...

Derrick's brother and his wife's family rented some bouncy houses in the church gym for Friday afternoon. Derrick's other brother was in town too and came over. It was so fun to see family and for Teddy to play with cousins and friends!


 Derrick and his brothers.


Then we decorated for Christmas yesterday!!!

This is a memorial to my old Christmas lights that I grew up with and inherited. The spiky things on the bulbs fall off and the strand only has a plug at one end and they are just a pain. But I loved how they looked. So goodbye. I'm sorry you don't work anymore. Time to move on.

Tree pic coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment