I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Teddy's Accident

Okay so the story is that Ted got hit by a car in the parking lot after Zumba. She was just backing up. I rushed Ted to the hospital myself and they took good care of us and Ted and finally casted him. Derrick arrived after they had already splinted Ted's leg, so he never saw it. Ted broke his femur. We stayed in the hospital until the following afternoon.

It has been a hard month with Derrick and I having to give Ted our full attention. I mean when do you do the dishes? Ted had slept on a twin on the floor and most nights we are with him on it for at least a while.

It was hard to find ways for him to play. He didn't like the stroller. But in the end, we figured some things out. 

So today he got his cast off! His x rays from yesterday didn't look promising, as the break is still apparent. But because of my broken leg, I know about bones growing around and then down the middle. So Ted will probably wait to walk, but we are so happy to get to take a bath today! Ted is asleep after such a traumatic experience.

It looks like the next few days will be similar to the last few as Ted figures out his muscles. We will do a lot of holding. He did go to the grocery store and drive the car around the store today, so that's progress!!! We also tried his regular car seat, so we'll try his stroller tomorrow. His first bath was with Mom building him, but it still didn't go well. At least soap has touched his skin now though...

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. We are so ready for this to be a memory! 

























2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for documenting this experience in your life (and Teddy's and Derrick's lives). I know this took time and is a labor of love. I especially appreciate seeing the pictures. They tell a story of a sweet little boy who has loving parents. Such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So traumatic! I'm glad the worst of it is over. Teddy's Halloween costume is adorable by the way. Good job! I love Teddy's look of jubilation in that last picture...Yay, I can move my legs again!!

    ReplyDelete