I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Visit from Gramma Lu

  Gramma Lu came to visit for a few days. She said she wanted to come and help us do some cleaning and such. I didn't get to help with much because I was watching Ted and keeping us away from chemicals and such. But she didn't seem to mind and did so much to help us! I can't believe how clean our house is and we are so grateful!!!
The fridge glass has never looked so clear:
 The stove has never looked quite so white:
 She did the dishes a few times for us:
During Conference on Saturday, she dusted our bookshelves, taking everything off to do it! 
She spent hours cleaning the bathroom all over:

Then we worked together to get curtains in a few last places. This is in Ted's room so that he can sleep in a dark place (was more of a problem when he actually took a nap in his room, but still...)
 The front door when the sun comes in blinding us in the afternoon:
 And then we sewed this one, finding the material for $1 a yard! It is billowing because the window is open. Now I can shower without suffocating or flashing the neighbors!!!
She was a trooper and did all the unpicking when the measuring went wrong and we had to re-do it.
 This is a sneak peak at Ted's costume. It kind of looks like a purse so far, huh? You'll just have to wait and see how it turns out! This was a learning project as I decided not to buy a pattern. 
  It was such a great visit! I also did some other deep cleaning like finally clearing off my dryer. We get so many piles of clutter and toys strewn around. I organized some of Ted's toys into empty wipes containers, and that has really made a difference too. Now I'm thinking about re-organizing the front bedroom...

1 comment: