I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sheep Dog Trials

  We went to Soldier's Hollow to see the Sheep Dog Trials. It was very windy and we forgot sunscreen. I don't think Ted got sunburned but I sure did! So we didn't stay very long or get to see a whole lot of the trails.

They had a few animals to view and pet there. This is Piggy.
This is the turtle.

This is the sheep and the handler. I can't see the dog in this picture, probably because he is crouching down in the grass. The handler can't move and just whistles. The dog herds the sheep to do certain things, like go between two fenceposts or go around the handler or split into a group of 3 and 2. The dog starts by running up a huge hill and bringing the sheep down. It's pretty cool to watch. I wish I understood the whistles. They have 13 minutes to accomplish as much as they can!

Teddy just likes being with Daddy. I had a chocolate ice cream shake and was sharing with Teddy. Daddy got up to go get some water and Ted forgot me and the ice cream and just kept saying "Dad" and trying to get down to go chase after him. *Sigh* It's cute, but I'm jealous.

More pictures of the animals. Do you see the end of the Flemish Giant (rabbit)?


Teddy playing in the car on the way there:

It was way fun and we're glad we went!

Derrick and I tried a version of poutine and were so excited to finally try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment