I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Pioneer Day and Anniversary

Let's start with Teddy walking! Ted stood up for good last Saturday while we were cleaning the house. He seldom crawls now.

This is us enjoying a walk through in Pioneer Village and North Park for Pioneer Day.

This is my latest sewing project. Every time I wore my tan shorts, they got filthy. I was so sick of treating my clothes. I also can't stand my jean shorts right now cause they are pretty tight-fitting. So I found the perfect pair, except they were pants. So I bought them, brought them home, cut them off, and hemmed them up. Now they are long shorts! Love  them!

This is my garden. I am so sick of watering. :( I do it by hand for 5 or so minutes twice a day.
Corn:
 Tomatoes:
 Beans:
Lettuce: 
 I guess I forgot to take a picture of my zucchini plants, but they are huge. We enjoy it in spaghetti and soups and as a veggie, and next we make zucchini bread.

Ted loves to play with Roger's water bowls:
And in a pile of dirt. I had to get a picture before I wiped him up. Do you see how dirty his clothes and face are? 
 Teddy walking at the park:
 And playing in the stream that is part of the Provo River:
 And playing in our pool and sandbox:


Our anniversary was yesterday. Four years. Der made us reservations a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in SLC. The only expense we spared was on drinks. They had rose petals on the table and a card that said Happy Anniversary and every waiter knew us by name and wished us a happy anniversary. I loved being doted on. It was a nice place. Luckily Derrick just told me all the ways in which it would be funny to do the wrong thing at this nice restaurant instead of embarrassing me by voicing it to the waiter. :/
Der and I love food. We watch cooking shows together all the time. It's our thing. We also really love steak. So we wanted to go to a nice place to see if we could play it big. Der salivated over his filet, but my Ribeye was decent. I'm used to putting a lot of onion salt on my steak, so next time I guess I'll have to bring that with me to really enjoy mine. Sad, eh? We got garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms and french onion soup as well. So fun and yummy!
They let us choose a dessert on the house. I'm amazed we had room, but the chocolate lava cake was divine!

 Thanks to Derrick's brother and wife for watching Ted. He went to bed for them easily but did his typical crying while roaming the house trying to find us; luckily it was short-lived. I really hope he works himself out of that.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary yesterday! I'm glad you guys got a chance to go on a nice date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary! What a fun date! We love you both!

      Delete