I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 2015

  My sister-in-law, Susanne, makes enchiladas. I make lots of different kinds of enchiladas, but all of them have green chile sauce. I've been trying to replicate one from my mission lately where you don't bake them at all, just put roll up corn tortillas dipped in green sauce with chicken and eat them on the spot with fresh queso, onions, and cilantro on top.
  This time, I sautéed green chiles with onion and garlic and chicken. I put that with some cheese, beans, and corn in flour tortillas. I doused the enchiladas with green chile enchilada sauce and cheese and put fresh lettuce, tomato, and sour cream on top. They were yummy! But of course my husband's critique: Susanne's are better. I better just do it her way then. :)

  Note to self: do not put yourself in excruciating pain on an empty stomach. You will faint.
  I sliced my finger with a freshly-sharpened knife (I should have not bothered with it as I am too used to dull knives). Well the next morning, it was really painful and so I thought maybe it clotted too fast and I should poke it to relieve pressure. I still hold that it was a good idea, but just not on an empty stomach. We left Teddy with Grandma so Der could focus on me, but the poor thing cried the whole time. I guess we should have just let him play near us-? Anyway, I think it is almost healed now.

  We got a flat tire on the way back from Arizona. Glad it turned out alright; it definitely could have been worse. How do you deal with a situation where you are standing, watching your husband in a precarious position and you can't do anything to stop him doing something you think is stupid? He changed the flat right over a hill on a two-lane road with no shoulder. But what could he do? Ugh.
  The Ranch was great with the Kellis fam. I love being with everyone and the ranch is poetic and beautiful and it is fun to just sit and swing on the porch and see the big open area and the run-down buildings from years ago. Teddy probably got one-too-many bumps and scrapes, but that's just our boy! Neither of us rode the pully-swing. Sad. Loved all the games and chatting.

  We also recently went to Texas on a Ranch. Loved the swimming and Tennis, but not the hot heat. Again, games and chatting are fun.

  We are SO DONE with road trips for a while though. :) Babies are not easy to entertain in such a small space.

  Found a new recipe for roast. I swear, Kellis' eat roast more than anyone I know. I mean, they might eat roast more than once a month. And so I've tried a few different methods, but here is the recipe for my new favorite:

A few more pics (I definitely did not take many):
 Teddy eating pizza
 The Ranch
 We were on dinner for the 4th and I had some fun with red and blue jello and red, white, and blue dessert. Der cooked hamburgers from scratch and we had hot dogs and sides and it was just very American!

Teddy playing with cousin Khloe in church, who is 2 months older but in the same stages developmentally. Church filled up the chapel, gym, foyers, and surrounding classrooms and hallways. The sacrament took over 30 minutes.

Teddy has taken a few steps now but he is still crawling. It might be tougher because of the shoes he chooses:


Us at Bryce Canyon (a quick stop in the afternoon on the way down to Arizona):



Beautiful, isn't it? It began raining and it just smelled wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment