I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Teddy Update 7.5 months

  I'm not one of those who posts regularly or takes pics regularly of my kid. I don't know if I will regret that someday. I just don't like the idea of being forced into doing something regularly. It sounds like making stress for myself. However, I do want to keep track of what Ted is up to in his development. 

  There are so many things I love about this age that I don't know where to start. He melts my heart all the time. (Then it hardens up again whenever he is fussy. :) )  He reaches for me now. Sometimes he just fusses and sticks his arms up in the air like when he is all done playing in his jumping exersaucer. He whines but is still jumping. It's cute. He reaches for me to get out of his car seat when I'm unbuckling him.
  He grunts and makes all kinds of cute noises. I love trying to mimic the sounds back. He smiles like I'm talking his language. I try different phonetic sounds at him. I've heard "ma" a few times. I pretend he says it when he wants me, but that's probably not quite true yet. He does "ah" a lot and a sound that can only be described by 'the sound an old man makes.'
  I was able to change his sleeping habits. Now he takes his naps in his crib. Sometimes they don't last long, but at least it frees me and gives me some needed space. Sometimes he'll go down without nursing directly before and he lets Daddy put him to sleep. I'm so proud of him. I don't have to worry quite as much if I leave Ted with Daddy--they do a lot better.
  Ted eats cheerios and puffs, various fruits and veggies, and even a few meats. He definitely does better with a smooth puree. He is very interested in whatever I'm eating. I had to give him a piece of lettuce from my salad today because he was coming after me for it.
  Ted can sit up now unaided. He enjoys sitting up more than being on his tummy now. He can turn all the way around both directions and can inch himself forward and back a bit. He can get up on his knees now too, but he's not crawling. He can pull himself into a kneeling or "downward dog" position too. We put him on the love sac a lot and he can move all around and flip over and all sorts of things.
  Ted takes his bath in the big boy tub now and plays with toys during his bath. He plays with cars and blocks--his favorite shape is a 1/2 inch diameter dowel that Daddy cut up for Ted. It is just right for Ted's little hand. Ted also loves lids. He plays with the lid to his container of cheerios all the time. 
  He is going into 12 month clothes already because of his height. He was hardly in 6 month and 9 month clothes! Next time, I'll just skip the 6 month size. I swear all brands don't do sizes the same. It's so frustrating!!!

  We love our little bug!


No comments:

Post a Comment