I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

March 2017

You will see a range of clothing in these pictures. It was Spring: sunny a lot, but still a bit chilly. It rained and turned more chilly again.
I really love the one-on-one time I get with Claire. She is at this stage where she is learning a ton and it is so fun.
Today, Ted preferred Dad all day long and Dad is so great to play trains with Ted. Yes, Ted is still obsessed with trains. Ted loves to sing songs and dance though also. He also loves to watch youtube videos of kids playing trains. Weird, right?
Both kids love playing hide-and-go-seek

 We still go to "jumpy-jump" weekly. Ted got into a huge fight with a kid who scratched him. Luckily I kept my cool. (I have an anger problem.) I have to stay very close to Ted to help him make decisions. We are role-playing a lot lately so I can suggest things for him to say when he meets a new friend. He has a great memory and is very kind and sweet when given the chance. We are trying to teach him to interact and play pretend. He played tag with some kids who were at the park last week; that was way cool.
 Claire is so independent and learned how to go down the slides all by herself. She just goes a few times in a row. She is full of ambition!


She still puts lots of things in her mouth. Cute outfit, right?!
She says "bu" for bunny and loves to see them. 
 The kids eating cookies for Claire's birthday.
 I helped Ted climb this tree a bit. 

Then we went to the temple for my cousin's wedding one Friday. Please remind me to take off my sunglasses next time!






 I was surprised how well-behaved the kids were as they played around as we waited for the luncheon to start.
 This is how warm it got--swimming time!
 I love dressing Claire up in her dresses. She walks to church.
 Claire is climbing this steep staircase all by herself!
 This is our neighborhood park that we frequent. Luckily the kids don't get tired of it!
 Here is a park in Lehi we like and this cool merry-go-round thing.
 Here's my little explorer at "jumpy-jump".
 Ted let me give him a haircut! Like I cut it all over several minutes and cut it short! He was so good!
 I think it looks so much better short!
 And here's where Roger is most of the day. Don't forget about the dog.
#siblings How sweet is that? I asked Ted if he wanted to sit by Claire, but he held her all on his own. They are watching Daniel Tiger right before Claire's morning nap.

I think that's it. I was super busy with running for an office position within MBASA (I didn't get it) and an overnight retreat and tons of activities. I feel like I'm finally making friends that will stand the test of some time. It's really nice.  

We found out we are moving to Des Moines for an internship with Bridgestone this Summer. We are excited, but overwhelmed with all there is to do. We started looking for housing, then paused until we can figure out a timeline better.

I started de-junking and it is such a great feeling. Also a little Spring shopping doesn't hurt. I have a goal to be more "stylish" and dress better. I turn 29 next month and just think it's time to phase out my wardrobe so that I don't own anything that I've had since before I got married. I feel better, look better, and it's fun. It's easy to forget that you have your own identity, but it's important to have one. So with my dress and activities, I have had a "self" this month and been pretty happy and therefore a good mom.

1 comment: