I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ashton Gardens (Sep 2016)

These gardens were so beautiful, especially the Statues of Christ. 
 It rained in the first 10 minutes and was chilly. Of course I ignored the prompting to stop and buy an umbrella or bring a jacket.
But I did bring a blanket and Ted and I made use of it as a jacket after we dried off.

 Claire was fine though, except when her stroller tipped over. What kind of mom let's that happen?!
 I thought this bridge was beautiful. Ted is photo-bombing as a cameo turtle with his blanky.
We went with friends but didn't actually keep up with them much because Ted stopped to smell all the roses. I guess that's a good thing that he was enjoying himself. 




Here's the statue garden. The landscaping really complemented the statues and created a really nice atmosphere. It was so spacious! See if you can guess what story each statue tells.















  
We really liked the gardens. It was a huge property! We spent two hours there and didn't really look at everything. Much too big for a little boy to not get tired. Both kids zonked out on the way home. 


See the waterfall? We went by this quickly unfortunately because we were all done. It looked cool though. Another time we'll have to go back.

2 comments: