I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Life lately

Work:
I started working at Mathnasium--a center that tutors kids of all ages in Math. It is nice that the center director takes care of everything and I just show up to tutor the kids (meaning no work to take home with me or no worrying about payment or getting more clients). It also means my schedule can be a bit flexible. I'll work between 8-20 hours a week and it is after school once Derrick is home. In truth, because Der is in track season, it hasn't worked out perfectly so far. Next week we have to hire a babysitter because Der has a track meet for the whole time I will be at work. Stinks that family doesn't live closer. :( 

I like working a bit--it gets me out of the house and gives me something fun and fulfilling to do. But there are times--especially 
if Derrick is not available, that I wish I weren't working. It was so easy these first 9 months when I could just count on myself to take good care of Teddy all the time. I hate having to ask people to babysit Ted. I think he is getting better and won't just cry the whole time now, and I understand that being with my son 24/7 is a bit unreasonable, but I want him to be happy and to feel safe and I want to be there for him. I'm glad that I don't have to worry anymore about leaving Ted alone with Daddy--Ted isn't so attached to me now nor to breast milk as he is eating solid food pretty good now. Daddy and Teddy have had lots of time together to bond! Ted lights up when he sees Daddy!

I am going to orientation tomorrow for being a temple organist. And I already have another day to play in church next month. I love having something to do rather than just sit around the house all the time. 

Ted and I went to singing/story time at the library for the first time and I think we will continue to do that as well! Ted is 10 ½ months old now.

Ted:
Grapes are his new favorite snack!:
 Favorite place to play:
 Daddy is the best at getting Teddy to sleep:


New recipe:


Mole Tacos


Place 4 lbs skinless chicken thighs in 5-6 qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

In a food processor, place: 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup smoked almonds, 1/4 cup rasins, 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa, 1 TBL fround cumin, 2 TBL tomato paste, 2 Chipotle Chiles with 1 TBL adobo sauce, 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, 4 Garlic cloves crushed, 1 small sweet onion--chopped.
Spread mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is tender.

Serve tacos on grilled corn tortillas (with a little oil) with cilantro, lime, guac, radishes, etc.


Serve with rice and beans.


(When I made it, I filled the bottom of the crock-pot with chicken. If I remember right, it wasn't 4 lbs.)


I'm still working on which recipe I like best for French Onion Soup. The first one had too much sugar, vinegar, and thyme. The one the other night wasn't flavorful enough. So I'm working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment