I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Being a Stay-at-home-Mom

  I haven't really noticed that I'm not working because I've been so busy with projects and my calling. I serve as the Stake Primary Secretary and so have been working since I was called in July to get organized with the budget and minutes and assignments and meetings. If you want to talk Primary, give me a call. It's one of my favorite topics. I'm even learning a bit about scouts.

  What projects am I working on?
Knitting
First I knitted mittens for Ted in a darker brown.
This is the beginning of a "helmet". It has a pattern. I've never knitted in a pattern. I had to learn to pearl and increase in a stitch. I had to cast on 106 stitches while adding on the ear flaps. It was very interesting.
 Next I want to do a sweater vest for him in both colors.

Next project is his new quiet book.
 

This is a review page, but I was too lazy to write it in or STOP on the sign.
 I need to make a bus also I think and a car that looks just like ours.

Another project is my photo books that I've made and posted online.

Der and I and the puppies had a project together:










 We love our new lawn! It was a special experience as there was one person who came over to help--and not someone I would have called a friend and they came over right as conference was starting. This is a person that I thought wouldn't have chosen to miss conference. (We did have conference playing as we did it.) It definitely humbled me and I was grateful to this person and to my Heavenly Father for sending them.

  I'm cooking dinner every night--not always something very complicated, but it's fun to cook so much. Teddy gets Daddy playing time during that time. Teddy takes two naps in the morning and does really good on a schedule, but not so much in the afternoon. We're working on it. I don't ever let Teddy whine or cry, so I think part of it is my fault and I just need to let him. 
  His new toy is a booster seat with an activity tray. Hopefully Teddy learns to sit up by sitting in it. I bought him some links and another toy too. He still loves to jump in his exersaucer. Teddy and I play on the green lawn every morning with the rabbits. We love it!

Other friends:




  What isn't going well: exercising myself and couponing. I decided it doesn't help. Ad shopping and noticing unit prices does help though. I also do almost all my shopping once a month. So much money goes to groceries every month! ah!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment