I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Grandma's visit to Teddy!

It was so great to have my Mom in town for two weeks! Here's what we did:
Came to see us in the hospital

Grandma didn't even get to hold him enough, she said cause Der and I hardly put him down

Mom made this:
the bed skirt,

and this. So cute, right?!?

We sewed a blessing outfit for Teddy, a nursing cover, and other sewing projects. We went on walks and cooked and cleaned...well Mom did more of that than I did! She was so great to help around the house!

We also planted our a garden and hung clothes out on the line!
 The tree trunk Der is trying to dig up.
 Our new flower bed and bushes.

 A peach tree
 The clothes line--can you see it? It's just enough for a batch of towels or sheets!

Also,
Teddy's first visit to Great-Grandma Skolmoski



We went out to lunch and took my mom to the airport and Teddy slept the whole time! 

I realized how much I needed my mom when the last thing that happened was Teddy having a blow-out diaper and projectile-pooing everywhere. I was glad she was there to help me figure out how to prevent that next time and to help clean everything up.

Then Teddy visited his cousins at Uncle Spencer's house. That was really great to watch a 6-time dad change diapers. He is a pro! Now I've learned from the best! I was able to use my nursing blanket for the first time.

More pics of Teddy:



Family Pic!

 And Teddy doing his favorite thing:



2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Finally!!! I'm so glad mom was able to be there to help. It seems like you guys are doing great as first time parents. I can't wait to get Teddy and Talmage together! We are competing to see who gains more weight this week. Talmage weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz last Thursday. Let me know how big Teddy is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! He is so, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete