I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Life with Teddy

  I am such a good mom. By that I mean I am getting so good at reading Teddy and being able to make him happy. I admit that sometimes I think he needs to nurse and he doesn't. It was a few weeks ago now that I realized that I don't give him enough sleep during the day. Sometimes his whines or cries are because he needs sleep! This morning, I put him in his swing, (thanks again sisters!) with his elephant-blanket-rattle-thing and put it in the crook of his arm with his paci and a a blanket. He went right to sleep in no time! He just needs more rest! Oh so nice! I still don't have Teddy sleeping on a schedule at any certain times, but I know he is ready for an hour nap or so about 2 hours after he wakes up. This morning he slept 2 hours with a little extra dream feed. It was wonderful! I am sitting near him and he keeps looking at me and smiling. I love it.

  I was saying to Derrick yesterday that up until baby is about a month and a half or so, they are still just a parasite. He just eats and eats and eats and gives nothing back. But then Teddy started to learn to smile and giggle and play. Now I don't care how much he takes from me because now he gives something back.

  I am also aware that I need to leave Teddy more often now so that Teddy gets to know his Daddy more. I don't want Teddy to just be able to go to sleep for me, for example. But for the most part, a baby just needs his momma 24/7 even after they are born.

  Do you remember the sound that Tim the Tool Man Taylor makes at the very end of the credits song? That's the sound that Teddy makes. I make it back to him and he smiles. He likes it.

  He is turning over to his tummy at every opportunity. This morning I am trying to teach him to roll over his right shoulder as well as his left. I also am trying to show him how to roll back onto his back. Sometimes I try to show him how to crawl or walk too. I started him standing when he was very young and the way I nurse Ted taught him to hold his head up. So he does really well playing on his tummy and in his exersaucer. I realize as I meet other babies that you don't have to teach them those things and babies don't naturally pick up on those skills. Ted is definitely advanced because I pushed him to be. Maybe that's not a good idea to push your child into stuff-? Well I'm excited for him to be able to do more things. I'm super excited to see what our Doctor says at our next visit.

  I think I balance taking care of Ted and accomplishing tasks and working on projects. I just finished knitting Teddy some winter mittens. I'll do a hat next, but I'll take a short break from knitting first. I have scrapbooking to do and I want to finish the quiet book that I have two more pages on. Then don't even remind me that I need to start thinking about Christmas... But I feel super fulfilled and busy and productive with my time at home. Some days I do a lot of playing with Teddy and sometimes he sleeps a lot. Some days I do a lot of laundry or dishes and cooking and some days not. Oh the joys of being a stay-at-home mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment