I'm long-winded. I'm warning you. But I hope you have some fun reading what's going on with us. I sure have fun writing these and catching up with y'all also.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Updates March

House update:
Moved our house around again. Maybe it is because our house is so small--??? Does anyone else move things around as much as we do? We mounted our tv on the wall on top of our piano in our front room. We also turned our bed 90 degrees.

Life update:
Meal of the week: BBQ chicken salad
Lettuce/Spinach
left over grilled bbq chicken (cold), diced
red onion, diced
corn
black beans
cilantro, de-stemmed
cheese
"Cafe Rio" Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
extra bbq sauce
opptional: avocado and tomatoes
Layer salad with toppings, a little bbq sauce, and then the dressing. YUM!!!

We are trying to only  go to the store once a week and monitor our grocery spending better. I think it means that we have to plan ahead for meals, stay within a budget, be more creative, and we waste less. It hasn't worked all the way yet--the staying within the budget part is very close to what we want. I did buy yams without having a plan to use them and then they went bad, so I learned from that.

Work was actually good this week--asserting my authority over the students I guess so that they behave.

Sewing update:
I finished this blanket for Ted this week (I think I have been working on this one for a year):




I am working on these burpies next:
Der likes the doggie theme. :)

Pregnancy update:
I woke up in excruciating pain from my arm and hand the other night. My hand tingles and I can't grip anything first thing in the morning and other times too. I can't write or make a fist or hold a toothbrush without pain. :(
I got a glucose test on Saturday so I'll get the results this week at my dr. appt to see if I have gestational diabetes.
I lost my keys this weekend. Who knows where they are--I wasn't driving in our errands. I don't know whether to call every store we went to or turn the house up-side down or what. :(

That's our news!

No comments:

Post a Comment